2015 Bridal Gown Trends
The biggest bridal fashion event of the season has come to a close, and the industry’s top designers have captivated us with their gorgeous gowns and jaw dropping styles for Fall 2015. Whether you are in the market for the perfect wedding gown, or simply curious, check out our list of the top six trends from the NY Bridal Fashion Week.
1. Crop Tops: Crop tops made their way to fashion runways a while ago, but for the first time we have seen the trend burst into the bridal fashion industry. Mira Zwillinger kept it romantic with this full skirt paired with a lace crop top with a sheer neckline.
2. Sexy Backs: Backs dipped daringly low on dozens of runways. Many designers opted to pair the risqué back with a high neck or long sleeves like Ines De Santo in this romantic lace gown with lace illusion lace sleeves.
3. Off-the-Shoulder Sleeves: This gown embodies several top trends from bridal fashion week. Beautiful beading and embroidery cover the gown from top to bottom and the bodice top with sheer sides is sexy and definitely on trend with many other designers. Pnina Tornai designed a stellar gown to showcase what’s “in” this season with a dramatic neckline to compliment the off- the- shoulder- sleeves that give a more sensual vibe to an already sexy gown.
4. Illusion Lace: This beautiful backless gown covered in illusion lace is one of many that designer Reem Acra showcased in her collection. This trend, like the sheer skirts we have been seeing everywhere, are all about giving brides the option to show skin without being too revealing.
5. Deep V-Necks: Dramatic necklines were a staple all over the runways this season and plunging V-necks were definitely a major trend with designers like Naeem Khan in this romantic flowy gown with sheer long sleeves and laser cut flowers throughout.
6. Sheer Skirts: Laser cut floral on this full sheer skirt make for a romantic and sexy gown by Gemy Malouf. Sheer fabric is not only being used on skirts this season; we saw it everywhere from cutouts around the mid-riff to necklines, and backless gowns.